Everyone knew it was a big job. Congregation Beth Ahabah’s mural was given in 1913 by the Ladies’ Auxiliary and is the focal point of the synagogue’s formal sanctuary. Spanning 30 feet end to end and reaching a height of 50 feet at its apex, the proscenium arch had cracked plaster, and faded and dirty paint. It needed repairs and repainting – a full restoration. In eight weeks’ time.
See the remarkable video and pictures of the restoration.