Just like with cabinet painting, homeowners, business owners, and designers around Richmond are recognizing great potential in existing furniture. Just because something is looking a little worn or doesn’t match a new decorating scheme, doesn’t mean it’s time to buy new.
Furniture painting is a great way to extend the life of one of your otherwise useful pieces of furniture. Don’t yet have the piece you need? The freedom of knowing you can adapt anything to fit your vision for your space means you can shop without worrying about color.
At H.J. Holtz & Son we have multiple spray booths and highly trained staff ready to transform that piece of furniture into exactly what you want. Wanting a high gloss finish? We can do that! Not looking for a flawless, smooth finish? That’s ok too, our decorative artists can create the look of distressed wood, woodgrain, and more to match almost any style.
Our Furniture Painting Process:
- Standalone pieces are picked up or dropped off at our shop
- Furniture is cleaned, sanded, caulked and puttied as needed
- Multiple coats of finish paint, with sanding in between
- A faux finish may be desired – available to match almost any style, finished look, distressed… just let us know what you would like to achieve
- Repair or, to achieve a new look, replace hardware
What’s next? Through our exclusive partnership with Palette Paint & Home, we have made it easy for you to check out some sample pieces and get help from their expert staff. Simply stop by their Richmond showroom on Grove Ave., and mention that you are interested in having a piece of furniture painted. They’ll even be able to give you a cost estimate and process your order. That’s when we step in to paint your furniture back on our shop.